CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 27 September 2009

Nails...

So I've been trying to get my nails to grow really strong and healthy, because usually they just peel and crack and just don't grow long.  So at the moment I am doing a few things and I would just like to tell you all about it so it might help you too if you have the same problems!

SO.
First of all EVERY day I am  taking Biotin which is necessary for cell growth, the production of fatty acids, and the metabolism of fats and amino acids. Biotin is also helpful in maintaining a steady blood sugar level. Biotin is often recommended for strengthening hair and nails. Consequently, it is found in many cosmetic and health products for the hair and skin.

Then on top of that I wash and moisturize my hands like ALL the time, not OCD but still especially as its cold and flu season you need to keep your hands clean and moisturized to make them stronger for my hand moisturizer I use Nails inc London 'Bond Street Mexican lime foot cream' which in my opinion smells too nice to go on your feet! (smells like lime Skittles or Starburst)

I also soak my hands in warm olive oil or my Elemis 'Exotic Frangipani Monoi' moisture melt. Which smells DIVINE! and makes your hands feel amazing!

I always have a coat of nailpolish on even if its only clear I use eather my Jessica critical care for soft nails, Sally Hansen 'Diamond strength, Hard as nails, or Hard as wraps'.

My nail polish rouitine is as follows, I coat base- Orly Bonder, 2 coat nail color- (whatever i feel like), and 1 coat top coat- Seche Vite, OPI Nail envy matte, or Orly Glosser, Then OPI drip dry drops. Always leaving enough time for each layer to dry.

Drink pleanty of water at the moment I drink at least 1.5L a day, most of the time nearly 3L.

When doing jobs that require you to have your hands in water (such as washing up or cleaning) wear gloves to protect your hands.

Finally my grandma used to tell me to imagine you have diamonds on the ends of your fingers- which means treat your nails as if they are diamonds!!!!

Hope that helps some of you !

<3 B

0 comments: